Sunday, April 19, 2009

Blanchard's Dam

Ben, Kris, Kyia and I rode to Blanchard's Dam yesterday.  Ben and Kris did most of the pulling
against the wind until the turn to Royalton.  Then Kyia took over for awhile.  I gulped down all the remaining Honey Stinger blocs in Royalton (thanks Kyia).  Then we turned right and continued out to the paved trail that goes over Blanchard's Dam.  We actually worked together
rotating for a few miles.  By the way, the last time I rode over the Dam  was
years ago with Pat and Al.  After the Dam we turned left and went down a gravel road for
a couple of miles.  Kris thought it was a great idea.  I didn't think so.  I wanted to ride on pavement. We rode conservatively for a while until Ben attacked outside of St. Steven.  Then after the turn on to Pinecone outside of Sartell, Kyia put in a huge counter-attack and dropped us!
Well, when I got to my house my cateye said 71 miles!  That was a big ride for me.

No comments: