Sunday, June 7, 2009

2001 Gary Fisher Sugar 2


I bought this bike in Breckenridge Colorado after I broke my Klein (for the second time) and
was waiting for a replacement.  I love this bike.  I have replaced the rear triangle twice.  The Mars
fork failed early on and I have gone through two Rockshok forks.  The latest SID is good.  The crank arms were replaced with XTR as well as the shifters, cogs, cassette, chain, etc.  The bar is a Raceface.  The seatpost was replaced with a Thomson Elite--the best in my opinion.  The wheels are Mavics with ceramic rims.  Ceramic rims and brake pads are the best.  The are durable, simple, quiet, and provide plenty of stopping power.  (I have not had good luck with disc brakes which squeal, rub, and quickly wear out--I'm referring to XTR disc brakes, not Avid or Hayes, which may be good products or all I know.)  This bike has been raced hard since 2001 and endured many crashes and much abuse.  I will be sad when it finally breaks.

2 comments:

Ben said...

Those fenders are RAD.

Kyia said...

BAD ASS