Sunday, June 14, 2009

MONT DU LAC

I drove up to Mont Du Lac to do the Series Race.  I got there early so I preroad the course.
As an age group winner, I was called up to the front row for the start of the Over Forties.
We cranked up the ski hill.  I was in my lowest gear spinning up the top part.  Then single
track.  Very rooty.  I like the fast down and ups and since I was sort in the front of the group
I didn't have to dismount.  My nemesis Bob Meuller bridged up to me and I let him go.  I was
bouncing around a lot in the RigorMootis and he was on a dual suspension--an advantage.
On the second lap a spoke broke on my rear Mavic Wheel and my brake was rubbing, but
I struggled in, sliding out on final turn trying to pass some dufus.  Jena was there so
I rode up the hill again to cheer.  Jena led up the hill, and then at the final climb she stood up
and decisively attacked, gapping Rebecca (I think).  Sara K-J was further back.  J.  looked
very strong and confident.  Some young kid was leading the pros or elites up the hill.  It looked
like they were letting him lead, no problem.   By the way, there is some new single track which
has one dicy left turn but is otherwise good.  This is a pretty hard course in my opinion.

No comments: